CIExpert Privacy Notice
This notice (together with any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We, us and our refer to CIExpert Limited. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 7652260 and have our registered office at Godfrey laws, 69 Knowl Piece, Wilbury Way, Hitchin, Hertfordshire, SG4 0TY.
We operate the following website (site):
www.ciexpert.co.uk www.ciexpert-adviserservice.co.uk www.ciexpert.uk
The data controller is CIExpert Limited and the person responsible for data protection is one of our Directors Clive Mayne. In this Notice the words below have the meanings given in our CIExpert Online Terms and Conditions; www.ciexpert.co.uk/onlineserviceagreement
- Customers / Data Protection Legislation / Online Services / Customer Personal Data / ePR
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
This is information about you that you give us by, filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you:
- use our site
- subscribe for Online Services or register for our events
- register to receive our downloadable information, newsletters or other information
- send us a request to contact you or when you report a problem with our site
The information you give us may include your name, position and employer details, e-mail address, FCA Number and phone number. Unless otherwise agreed with you we will only collect this basic personal data about you which does not include any special categories of personal information.
As you are using the Online Services to analyse options for your Customers you may include information regarding their name, date of birth, gender, smoker status, childrens’ age(s) and other information regarding the level of insurance cover that they are considering. In respect of this you are the data Controller and You are responsible for compliance with the Data Protection legislation in respect of Your collection of Personal Data from the Customer and You indemnify Us against all liability in respect of any claim or allegation made by a Customer in connection with Your use of the Customer Personal Data within the Online Services.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including items you viewed or searched for, page response times, length of visits to certain pages and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources
This is information we receive about you:
- if you are a user of Online Services and have a unique log-in to use those services
- if you use any other websites we operate
- from our third party service providers (including, for example, service companies that we use for payment transactions when subscribing to our Online Services, technical support enquires and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers)
Purpose for processing your information
We need to know basic personal information and those of your Customers in order to provide you with the Online Services that you have engaged us to provide and to assert out right to be compensated in return for those services as per the CIExpert Online Terms and Conditions. www.ciexpert.co.uk/onlineserviceagreement
If you do not provide this information we will not be able to provide the services and we will not collect personal data from you that we do not need for this purpose without your consent.
We will not use your personal data for any other purpose unless you explicitly instruct it to do so.
All the personal data we hold about you and your Customers will be processed by our staff in the UK.
Transferring data outside of the EEA
The support services that we use for payments for subscription comply themselves with the data protection requirements to hold sensitive data which we do not have access to but we will receive notification to confirm details of the payment transactions. We will only transfer your data outside of the EEA provided appropriate or suitable safeguards are in place to protect your data. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Please be aware that your information may be stored on a cloud based system whose servers are located within the EU.
Personal Data that we hold
We will use this information:
- to send you any information you have requested
- to provide you with the services you have requested
- for the purposes of market mapping and customer base analysis so that we understand the potential market for our goods and services better and can tailor our goods and services to meet market and customer desires;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so; and as part of our efforts to keep our site secure.
Legal basis for processing your information
The legal basis that we rely on for processing your data will depend upon the circumstances in which it is being collected. However, in most cases our processing will fall into one of the following categories:
- where the processing is necessary to carry out for the performance of a contract with you;
- where the processing is necessary in order for us to comply with a legal obligation; or
- where it is in our legitimate interests to perform our functions, for example, letting you know when your subscription is due for renewal.
Sharing your information
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to us in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with our procedures.
We only share this data with third parties as applicable to the services you have requested such as those outlined in the following:
We utilise cloud based services that are industry leading suppliers for example:
- Accounting Software – tracking subscription invoicing and payment status
- Payment Transaction services – authorisation and tracking of subscription payments via Direct Debit, Credit / Debit cards
- Support Ticketing software – tracking and responding to enquiries
- Newsletter Mailing Software services – service to support bulk email distribution of newsletters and service information.
We may also share your personal information with:
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held about our prospects and customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If you make a claim against us.
Retention of your personal data
We will only keep your personal data within the timeframes allowed by law and for so long as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations. The length of time we keep your data will depend on the type of personal data we have collected. Please contact us at email@example.com for details of any specific retention period.
Provision of Online Services and Marketing Activities – We will delete your personal data 6 years after you cease to receive the Online Services or 6 years after you have otherwise opted out / unsubscribed.
We consider that your use of the Online Services is a business tool and you are not contracting with us as an Individual Subscriber (as defined in the ePR). We may use Your Personal Data to send you additional information, marketing material on our Services and our newsletter as we consider this will enhance your customer experience. You may opt out of this these marketing communications by contacting the Customer Service Centre on +44(0) 203 7714607 during normal UK office hours or You may unsubscribe to these communications at any time through links provided with the relevant email.
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office if you have a concern about your personal data: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also withdraw your consent to direct marketing by clicking the unsubscribe button on any of our communications or updating your preferences on link within your personal account where this option is available.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Changes to our privacy notice
Any changes we make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
If you have any questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice please contact us at email@example.com.